This one goes out to all our Readers, Viewers, Well Wishers, Friends, and Family. The Mountain Walker is competing in Five categories at The Indian Blogger Awards 2017. The Mountain Walker YouTube channel is also competing in Five categories.
As part of the nomination process, we had to select three posts that were relevant to each category, and as I sit here after the team has completed the entire process, I have to step back, take a deep breath, and write this one for the entire team. In the every day rush, with focus squarely set on planning, executing, writing, shooting, editing, and generally trying to run a start-up, the team often loses sight of what they have achieved so far.
Apparently, in the last 16 months, The Mountain Walker has racked up 712 posts, with 33,316 views from across 98 countries with India, UAE, USA, UK, Canada, Oman, Australia, Hong Kong, Kuwait and Germany providing the top 10 viewer numbers – the blog has 61,318 followers across media (website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn). The Mountain Walker YouTube channel has managed 65,638 views so far (157 followers) – it has 40 videos and short-documentaries out. The Mountain Walker Instagram Page has 116 followers and 93 posts till date.
I would say this is not bad at all from an editorial team that primarily comprises 1 writer, 1 Automobile Engineer, 2 Petroleum Engineers, and 1 Hotel Management graduate. The Mountain Walker team is bound by a shared vision of what we want to achieve, how we want to achieve it and by the fact that we do not have to hurry it.
Neither of my co-Founders – CEO Abhishek Kaushal and COO Ameen Shaikh– were writers or video editors by education or experience prior to starting The Mountain Walker. Neither are core team members Abhinav Kaushal or Swarjit Samajpati. But everyone goes to work, acquires any and every new skill that needs to be acquired, applies it and gets on with what one needs to do. It’s tough, really tough, trying to build something meaningful, trying to make a difference in the world through our work. Will it work? Will we be successful? Will we make it? I guess we won’t know unless we keep walking over each and every obstacle, hill, dale, and beyond.
We have had great support from seasoned contributors (Milind Date, Anusha Subramanian, Tanya Munshi, and Kaushik Naik) and we really appreciate their work.
Above all else, our journey so far has been possible only because we had the support of each and every one of you – our readers and viewers. Thank you so very much.
Feel free to visit the Nomination Page and Like, Share or Comment on our work or particular post.
Meanwhile, here are some posts that I re-discovered:
- Theme Song For Koti Tunnel – https://themountainwalker.com/2016/09/09/the-shaikhspear-himachal-diary-2016-light-my-fire-theme-song-for-koti-tunnel/
- Century Baba – https://themountainwalker.com/2016/12/14/century-baba/
- Local Legends About 10th Century Buddhism In India –
- The Monk Who Pushed A Ferrari (I Mean Xylo) – https://themountainwalker.com/2017/02/10/the-mountain-walker-diaries-the-monk-who-pushed-a-ferrari-i-mean-xylo/
- Phantom Of The Tibetan Opera – https://themountainwalker.com/2016/06/22/phantom-of-the-tibetan-opera/
- Chandratal Parikrama – https://themountainwalker.com/2016/09/16/chandrataal-parikrama-2016/
- The Little Mountain Walker – https://themountainwalker.com/2016/09/10/the-little-mountain-walker-jersey-cow-milk-has-thick-yummy-cream/
- Punakaha – https://themountainwalker.com/2016/06/20/the-punakha-suspension-bridge/
- Sarkari Bhed – https://themountainwalker.com/2016/12/03/sarkari-bhed-government-sheep/
- Tough Times Tough Decisions –https://themountainwalker.com/2017/03/30/%EF%BB%BFthe-wayfarer-diaries-tough-times-and-tough-decisions/
- Incident at ShongTong Nala – https://themountainwalker.com/2016/09/16/the-wayfarer-himachal-2016-diary-%E2%80%A8the-incident-at-shongtong-nala/