Saturday 7th April 2018 to Thursday 12th April 2018
Saturday 19th May 2018 to Thursday 24th May 2018
Join The Mountain Walker and Bohemian Adventures team on an exciting trek to Dayara Bugyal. The six day trek across rolling meadows and quaint tals, interspersed with spectacular mountain views, will be a special journey of learning and enjoyment.
Dayara Bugyal, located at an altitude of 3048 m in Uttarkashi district of Uttrakhand in India, is considered as one of the most beautiful Himalayan meadows and this special trek is bound to leave everlasting memories.
To be the part of this trek please contact –
Details of Trek:
Team Assembly and Start of Trek
The entire trek team will meet in Dehradun and then we will drive to Uttarkashi. The next day, we will drive 50 km to Barsu from where we will start our walk.
Barsu – Barnala
The path leading away towards Barnala takes one right across Barsu village. Climbing up affords the trekker panoramic views not just of the village below, but also of the mountain range ahead in the distance. It is a view out of a fairytale, of a village quite literally nestled in the lap of snow clad mountains.
The rest of the way up to the camp in Barnala is wide and in autumn covered like a blanket with golden leaves. In winters, the blanket is that of snow, a pure white sugar like carpet that is nothing but welcoming. The way is also completely surrounded by a forest and along the route lies a pretty little lake called the Barnala Tal that gives the camp site its name.
Barnala – Dayara Bugyal – Bakra Top – Barnala
From Barnala all the way up to Dayara Bugyal, we move away from the tree line and start walking on the gentle slopes of the bugyal (meadow). The journey to the top seems light and breezy, with ever inviting and alluring powdered slopes underneath your feet, and gigantic Himalayan peaks up ahead to keep your eyes fixed on. The effort of climbing up is forgotten as your senses are already overwhelmed by the beauty and splendour all around.
The climb up to Bakara Top continues in the same vein. The only thing that is different is the way you forget to breathe as you reach the top and see the sight in front of your eyes. There are others, who are surprised to find tears rolling down their cheeks, quite unexpectedly. That is the effect that the Himalayas can have on you – unearth your deepest emotions and lay them bare at the feet of these mighty mountains.
- Stay on twin sharing basis (hotel room in Uttarkashi and tent during the trek) for 5 days from Uttarkashi to Uttarkashi as mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Vegetarian meals (breakfast, snacks pack/lunch, evening snacks with tea, and dinner) for 6 days from Dehradun to Dehradun as mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Land transport from Dehradun to Dehradun in SUV (Scorpio, Innova, Bolero, or similar vehicle).
- All equipment required for the expedition – 3 man tents, toilet tent, kitchen tent, basic camp furniture (tables and chairs), sleeping bag, sleeping mat.
- Experienced, rescue-trained, English speaking trekking leader and guides (1:3 guide client ratio).
- All National Park permits, camping fees and trekking fees.
- All porterage charges (porter fees, stay, meals, equipment, etc.). A maximum of 15 kg luggage is permissible per person.
- Medical First Aid in case of minor ailments.
- High Risk Personal Insurance.
- 5% GST.
- Any and all personal expenses incurred outside of the items mentioned in the “Pricing Inclusions” section.
- Travel from/to city of origin to/from Dehradun.
- Meals during onward/return journey from/to city of origin to/from Dehradun.
- Excess stay in Dehradun or elsewhere before and/or after the trek starts/ends.
- Hiring of extra porters/ponies during the trek.
- Additional stay and meals due to bad weather.
- Contingency charges in case of delay due to weather/accident, illness of self or any other group member, act of God, or any situation which is out of control of the trek leader.
- Soft beverages, laundry charges, telephone expenses, souvenirs, collectibles bought during the course of the trip.
- Tips paid to any party during the course of the trip.
Some important guidelines and good reads for the trek can be found under the Knowledge Centre menu.
Categories: Mountain Walking, Places, Services
1 reply »